Thursday, September 29, 2011

Driving in Georgia

Ok, so anyone who knows me knows that I have zero tolerance for stupidity. I mean ZERO tolerance for it. There's just no excuse for grown adults not being able to use the sense God gave them. Which leads to this rant of a post b/c OMG you guys! People in Columbus, Georgia can NOT drive! I do not understand the purpose of getting on a 6 lane highway and then doing 15 mph under the speed limit in the left hand lane! I mean really? Get in the right hand lane, and go the long way. I've got places to go and things to do and I do not have time to leisurely ride behind you. Also, if you feel the need to do 20 mph over the speed limit, get in the left lane! Do not ride my ass, that's doing a perfectly acceptable 5 mph over in the middle lane. Go around me. That's why there are 3 lanes. All I ask is that you do the speed limit. No more and no less. Oh and right hand turns? People here seem to think that they need to come to a complete stop to make a right hand turn when the light is green. What the crap? It's green people! And railroad tracks? If there isn't a train coming and the rails aren't down, you don't need to stop before driving over it. Really. I promise you'll make it. Or when someone is trying to merge on the highway and your in the way, and there's no one in the lane next to you? You think maybe, just maybe, you could move over so I don't have to drive into the wall at 70 mph? Oh and let's not forget turn signals! When you switch lanes, you are LEGALLY obligated to use a turn signal. And when your actually turning. What did you think they were there for? And when you come to a stop light, you shouldn't be so close to the back of my car that I can't see the hood of yours, and I end my day knowing the color of your eyes. Too close people. Ugh. Joe says I should open my own driving school, and I think he's only half joking. I even have my speech for the first day of school ready. It goes a little something like this "Alright, listen up. If I catch any of you little assholes doing any of the above mentioned things, I will make it my mission in life to ensure you never drive again." I feel like this would be effective with teenagers? If we can stop the ridiculousness early, maybe, just maybe, my stress level wouldn't be insane while driving. I know it's not me. Maybe my intolerance adds to my stress, but still. Use your brains and I won't be so intolerant :)

p.s. I have friends who are actually from Columbus, and I love them dearly, and they're pretty decent drivers. So it's not everyone. To my GA friends: I love you! This isn't directed at you per say :)
 photo chickapeasiggy_zpsaf5931e6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment