Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Goin on Safari

Our sweet ride through the safari
I'm going to back-track a little bit and talk about last weekend. As in, not Labor Day weekend. Joe's parents came down and stayed with us for a few days, and we showed them around Columbus. The tour was pretty short, obviously, but we did some fun things while they were here. Joe and his dad golfed all weekend. Surprise! They managed to go out to dinner with us a few times though ;) His mom and I went to this giant kids consignment sale at the Columbus Convention Center, and got some super cute outfits for Miss Charlotte and a bow that I can't even express how much I love! It's a red bow with the Thing 1 and Thing 2 circles all over it. It makes me smile. I might even wear it to my baby shower, since it is Dr. Seuss themed after all. Then we went to Pine Mountain, which is about 30 minutes outside of Columbus, and went on safari. For reals! There's this place that has all these animals, and you drive through and feed them. It's so much fun, and kinda crazy. My favorite were the zebras. They are so pretty in real life! I'm talking gorgeous. They're so sweet. I loved them! The giraffe was pretty cool too. I was NOT a fan of the ostriches or emus. Just eww. They would try to stick their ugly little heads through the windows, and just ugh. I did not like them. We took lots of pictures, of course. That pretty much was our weekend. Then we drove home and spent the week in NC. Loved it! A week isn't nearly long enough. We just basically hung out and spent time with family. We didn't have nearly enough time to see, or hang out with everybody, so if we didn't see you, don't feel like it was an intentional snub b/c I can assure you it wasn't. There just wasn't enough time. I'm looking forward to the next time we'll be home b/c 1. We'll be home. Duh. and 2. It'll be for my baby shower! Woo!! So look for that super fun and chaotic post sometime around October 9th :) But that's all for the updates for now. Enjoy our safari pictures!





These were some kind of deer. I read a sign, but don't remember what it said. They were sweet though.

That's Joe's arm. And a cow.

You can't tell from the picture, but there were about 15 pigs just loitering in front of these lions. Those lions were eyeballing those pigs. It's a good thing there was a fence.

My zebra friends :)

Joe and my zebra friend.

That camel was NOT happy to see us. Whatever. He was kinda ugly anyway.

These little guys followed us around the whole time. Too cute.

Weird yak/cow looking thing. Again, there was a sign, but who knows what it said.

I wish I could tell you Charlotte had a good time, but that lame baby slept the whole time. Her life is SOOO hard ya know ;)

An actual pig in mud. Ahahaha! I don't know why, but I found this to be hilarious.

My zebra friend again. LOVED them!

The great explorers!

Joe and his bear friend.

These monkeys were giving each other kisses.

 photo chickapeasiggy_zpsaf5931e6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment