Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Allergic to Pregnancy??

I bet if someone had told me you could be "allergic" to being pregnant, I would've rolled my eyes and been like "ok crazy person" and went about my day. Turns out, its true. And I'm one of the lucky few "allergic" to being pregnant. I have been COVERED in a head to toe rash and hives for two days. I'm talking EVERYWHERE! Benadryl, Claritin, Chalomine lotin, nothing is helping. I am itchy and bumpy everywhere. SOOO annoying! This morning I woke up around 12.30 just itching to death. I took a Benadryl and it worked enough for me to be able to fall asleep, but I woke up this morning even more broken out than I was yesterday. Since I'm allergic to everything b/c of this wonderful thing called Eczema, I did the usual run through of foods, soaps, laundry detergent, lotion, blah blah blah and none of those were the culprit so I called and made a doctors appointment. We finally get in to see a doctor, since mine was busy (he has other patients? whaaat??), and he tells me what I pretty much already suspected. I'm allergic to being pregnant. WTH?! He has eczema too, so he's familiar with my "condition" already, and explains that with all the different hormones running rampant in my body right now and since I've already eliminated all other possibilities, its just being pregnant. It's not that uncommon apparently. He said it could clear up in a few days, weeks, or when Charlie is born. I can NOT be this itchy for that long. So hopefully it'll just be a few days or weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm used to being itchy, but this is bumpy and constant, and on my FACE and EVERYWHERE I have skin! It's just basically super annoying. But Joe is taking good care of me, so that's helping :) I think I might like my husband or something. Who knew?

Joe has something to add:
Have you ever wondered how you ended up where you are at?  Waking up at 130 in the morning to your wife aching in pain and being allergic to being pregnant. Ironic right?  But, she is the best, I would do anything for her. Never thought I would shave a pair of legs. But, I guess it is the 21st century.  She's amazing. You should read what she has to say.
 photo chickapeasiggy_zpsaf5931e6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment